Friday, November 7, 2008

Working on Editing

I am pretty much setting aside Fridays for editing our blogs. That way students can edit everything from the week and practice using the writing process. They usually have 3-4 blogs posted per week, so they almost always have something that they can edit.If they have fixed all their mistakes I usually have them read it again to see if there is anything they can do to make it sound or look better.

Those students who have finished their editing, or have edited as they wrote throughout the week, get a free day to post whatever they want to on their blog. Friday is a good day for that because often they want to write about their weekend plans.

My new worry is how to use the blogs to be the best writing tool. So far it is really helpful in getting the writing process going because editing and publishing is sort of built into the blog. The pre-writing process is a little trickier. I think I might try using Scribblar.com to see if I can get them going on the pre-writing.

No comments: