Friday, April 3, 2009

Root Word Poem

We used poetry, rap, or creative stories to study root words this week. Here is my attempt at a poem using as many of our root vocabulary words as possible. Check out the student's work on this on the Blogamundo Homepage. They did very well!


I see pedestrians in cars,
psychologists going psycho,
cardiologists losing heart.

I see corporations running wild,
manufacterers running the world,
CEO's making a spectacle.

I see a suicidal population,
homicidal corporations,
pharmaceuticals deforming the nation.

I see the populace conform
to the patron saint Consume,
rupturing morals and home.

A prescription for disaster.
I predict a nation of conformity,
deformity, cardiac arrest.

Unless...unless
The spectator becomes captain,
the populace becomes the patriarch,
the videographer becomes the actor,
the audience becomes the speaker.

With complete transformation,
Hope.

No comments: