Friday, October 3, 2008

Getting Up and Running

I think things are pretty much up and running at this point. Most of the students have one or two blog posts and I got on this afternoon and left a comment on everyone who had at least one post up. I only left a comment on one post, but I think it will help give them the feeling that this is interactive. My next step is to try to get them linked up together so they can read and comment on other students work.

One problem I am having is adding links to a sidebar. I have never had a problem with this in my own blogs in the past, but it looks like Google is changing the process for adding things and it is much less user friendly as far as I am concerned. You have to be more knowledgeable about HTML and that is something that I am not. I can sorta figure it out a little bit, but it takes quite a bit of time and energy and I can't imagine trying to get my less tech saavy students to do it.

I need to look into this a bit before I do that assignment and in the meantime I'm not sure if I should just use the Reader tool on the dashboard or wait until I have it figured out.

No comments: